Re: GET should be encouraged, not deprecated,in XForms

"Tomayko, Ryan" wrote:

> You nailed it on the head. We're asking a specification to fill a browser
> limitation. Why can't the browser's bookmark a post now? GET is still
> [mis]used for a POST today because of an ancient browser limitation. I think
> this whole thread needs moved to the IE/Mozzila groups.
>
> - Ryan

Browsers cannot bookmark POST because they are told not to by the HTTP
specification. I don't want to be rude but there is no way I can teach
you the HTTP specification in emails to this mailing list.

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec9.html#sec9.1
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec9.html#sec9.3

GET means something different than POST. It has superpowers like
bookmark-ability for a reason.

 Paul Prescod