Re: Restriction for submit event in section 11.4.1

Micah,

I think the confusion perhaps comes from how I have interpreted the
phrase "for a particular XForms Model", because indeed my explanation
would solve exactly the same problem.

An application could allow to open the same form several times. In that
case the form model would be instantiated more than once. The instances
would be independent of each other. For example, the user of some data
entry application could have two windows open with the same form, but
type in different data in them. The first one could be stalled, for example,
because some information is missing. It is possible that by coincidence the
two submit processes for the respective form instances overlap in time.

So, in fact I have interpreted the word model literally as being the
description of something. Then, several instances could exist which
all adhere to the same model at the same time in the same application.

Perhaps "XForms document" or even "XForms document instance" is clearer,
because it contains the model as well as the run-time instance data, which
makes it a unique unit with respect to submission.

Regards,

Werner.

--
Werner Donné  --  Re BVBA