Re: Order of xforms:revalidate and xforms:recalculate

> From: Jérôme Nègr <jerome.negre@e-xmlmedia.fr>
> To: <tvraman@almaden.ibm.com>
> Cc: <www-forms@w3.org>
> Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:41:29 +0100
> Subject: Re: Order of xforms:revalidate and xforms:recalculate
>
> To sum up, the default processing for chapter 11.3.6 should be :
>
> 1. If the value from the form control meets all validity constraints:
>     a- It is reflected in the instance data.
>     b- Event recalculate has been dispatched to element model.
>     c- Event revalidate has been dispatched to element model.
> If not,
>     a- The instance data remains as it was before processing this event.
>     b- The form control is marked as invalid.
> 2. Event refresh has been dispatched to element model.
>
> Is this correct ?

May I add a follow-up question: how would this processing (if
confirmed as correct) differ from that for
xforms:valueChanging(11.3.5)?

Perhaps there is no difference intended, but if that is the case I am
wondering how I could listen for changes to an instance data element
(as opposed to the form control) and distinguish between instance data
changes that were the result of a valueChanged vs. a valueChanging
event.

Thanks,
Alistair

Alistair Coles                          anc@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories,
Filton Road, Bristol, BS34 8QZ, UK
Tel:+44 117 312 8750  Telnet:312 8750  Fax:+44 117 312 9286