From: T. V. Raman [mailto:tvraman@almaden.ibm.com]
Sent: January 2, 2001 1:37 PM
To: Micah Dubinko
Cc: 'gilescope@yahoo.co.uk'; 'www-forms@w3.org'
Subject: RE: Review of XForms working draft

On 1: I would strongly advocate against our continuing to
cook up our abbreviated versions of max-inclusive and
friends.
I believed this at the FTF --the review comments only
strengthen this belief.

We might well feel that max-inclusive etc are "too cmplex"
according to some as yet undefined complexity measure;
however we are not making things simpler by adding quirks of
our own that appear "simpler" to us --the rest of the world
 will just remain confused.

--
Best Regards,
--raman

IBM Research: Human Language Technologies
Phone:        1 (408) 927 2608
Fax:        1 (408) 927 3012
Email:        tvraman@us.ibm.com
WWW:      http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman
PGP:          http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.asc
Snail:        IBM Almaden Research Center,
              650 Harry Road
              San Jose 95120