RE: XForms & XSLT (was: Re: NetScape/IE)

Matthias,

thanks for asking.

XForms does provide a general approach for manipulating XML!
Depending on the implementation, it can happen on the server or
on the client.

XForms is indeed client-centric in the sense that the manipulation
of the XML ideally happens on the client and not on the server
(you want changes made by the user to manipulate the XML
immediately without network delays to present possible
validation errors instantaneously to the user).

But a servlet that performs the actual DOM access on the server
could well be part of a more server-centric XForms implementation,
it just depends on the implementation.

Is this a bit clearer for you now? Please don't hesitate to ask if
something is still unclear. The members of the XForms WG
including myself are here to explain.

All the best,

- Sebastian