Re: [XFORM][CALL FOR] XForms Tutorial/Introduction

In a message dated 18/04/01 20:44:54 GMT Daylight Time, MDubinko@cardiff.com
writes:

> Does the material released at [1] meet your needs? Continued development of
> this tutorial is possible if there's sufficient interest.
>
> [1]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2001Apr/0019.html

Micah,

I would encourage you and/or colleagues to develop this introductory tutorial
further.

An introductory tutorial is invaluable in helping newcomers to a topic to
grasp the essentials. The W3C Schema Working Group produced an excellent Part
0 to the specification. XForms doesn't strike me as being as complex as W3C
XML Schema but an introductory tutorial is a very positive development.

I would like to see the XForms group produce something comparable to Part 0
of XML Schema, as appropriate to the subject matter at hand.

It would be a positive development to see the tutorial gaining some official
(if non-normative) status. If W3C working groups improve communication with
ordinary developers/users by techniques such as these then it is likely to
significantly assist adoption of XForms and other important innovative
technologies.

So go for it! :)

Regards

Andrew Watt