Re: Announcing new font compression project

From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:56:55 -0700
To: suzuki toshiya <mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp>
Cc: www-font@w3.org
2012/3/28 suzuki toshiya <mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp>:

> It would be helpful to make
> an open-source implementation for EOT? :-)

It was released with patent announcement as part of
http://code.google.com/p/sfntly/ :-)

"Today, we are also releasing an implementation of MicroType Express
compression as part of the Embedded OpenType converter in the
open-source sfntly library, adding to the existing WOFF compression.
The sfntly library, developed by the Google Internationalization
Engineering team, serves as the core conversion engine in Google Web
Fonts for subsetting, hint stripping, and related functions of our
dynamic serving path. We hope that all web font services, as well as
people hosting their own web fonts, will use sfntly to optimize font
serving across the web."

- http://googlewebfonts.blogspot.com/2012/01/web-fonts-now-more-compressed.html

--
Cheers