RE: [css3-text] text-transform: uppercase; and cpsp OpenType Feature

John Daggett wrote:

> I think that *if* we want to support this feature it would be better to support it using an extra value for font-variant-caps.  Support wouldn't be automatic but there also wouldn't be odd differences in text-transform'ed text versus simple strings of capital letters.

*If* value for capital spacing is added, it should be parallel to existing font-variant-caps modes. Same can be said about case-sensitive forms ('case'), which should only be used when it is known that whole paragraph consists of capital letters only. Also, titling caps ('titl') are applied to capital letters, but kind of size-dependent. Both are applied manually, and both may be combined with capital spacing.

> I should also point out that you can currently achieve similar results using:
>  .ex2 { text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 0.2em; }

Similar, in a sense that space is increased, but definitely not acceptable. As it is said in Typophile thread you referenced, spacing added between glyphs is not uniform. Spaces and punctuation in real font would have less space added comparing to normal letters.

Thanks,
Sergey