Re: CSS3 font-weight, OFF OS2.usWeightClass, and weights which are not a multiple of 100.

I'll just note that if one wants a system to deal with real-world fonts, it should deal with inputs for usWeightClass that are any integer from 0-1000.

I am curious as to what everyone thinks a font creator should do if they have a family with three or more weights that are heavier than "bold" (which maps to 700).

In our collection of about two thousand web fonts, as I recall there are four such cases.

This is aside from the many other cases where values aren't in hundreds, etc.

I remain puzzled that CSS 3 will remain deliberately incompatible with real fonts in this area.