Re: SVG Fonts inside of OpenType fonts? [Cross-post from www-font@w3.org]

On Jun 28, 2011, at 6:04 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> Should glyphs in sfnt-SVG fonts reflect styling set up by the document's CSS that affects inline SVG?
>
> Given the above answer, definitely not, since a document's CSS only affects that document.

This is something that I've been wondering about. An example: I make a SFNT wrapped SVG font that has three layers in each glyph: shadow, fill and highlight. A web author decides to use this font in HTML but doesn't like the colors that I've defined in the font. As I understand it, the web author would not be able to modify the colors defined in the glyph layers via CSS or any other means (apart from modifying the SVG in the SFNT). Is that correct?

Tal