Re: I18N-ISSUE-6: Localization mechanism too restricted [WOFF]

The i18n WG discussed this during a telecon and would still prefer to
see alternative elements for localized text for vendor, credit and
licensee information.

One reason for this is that mixing Arabic/Hebrew/Thaana and other
scripts, especially where punctuation is involved, can lead to problems
for assuring correct directional display of characters. Having separate
elements that can be marked up with dir attributes can alleviate this
problem.

For the i18n WG,
RI

--