Re: Including WOFF in ACID3

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:25:05 +0200
To: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>
Cc: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
Also sprach Mikko Rantalainen:

 > Saying that, I have to say that no CR state or better in 2004 said that
 > @font-face must support TTF.

Likewise, HTML 4 doesn't say that PNG must be supported. It says:

  Examples of widely recognized image formats include GIF, JPEG, and PNG.

  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/objects.html#edef-IMG

Still Acid2 tests PNG images on the <object> element:

  http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/guide/

I think such assumptions are reasonable, even if some judgement calls
must be made.

Cheers,

-h&kon