Re: Including WOFF in ACID3

From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 08:40:43 +0200
To: www-font <www-font@w3.org>
On 14 October 2010 00:45, Gustavo Ferreira
<gustavo.ferreira@hipertipo.net> wrote:
> according to the specification, a WOFF+SVG browser must pass the test.

As I recall,  "WOFF will be the required format for compliance, the
others being optional." was added to the spec when Microsoft was
playing hardball and refusing to do TTF fonts.

Now that MSIE *does* TTF, how can we add TTF to the specs alongside WOFF?

Clever use of TTF, Unicode-Range and transparent GZIP may outperform
WOFF for very large fonts, so I'd like to see  TTF standardised
alongside WOFF.