Re: WOFF Metadata - why reinvent the wheel?

On Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 12:10:03 PM, I wrote:
CL> If an RDF representation is desired, then GRRDL would seem to be
CL> a reasonable way to produce it. I would have no opposition to
CL> adding a suitable GRDDL transform (either to the spec or to
CL> informative, supplementary materials). We had already talked about
CL> doing that with XSLT, to produce an infobox presentation.

Realising that a bit of documentation would help here:

Gleaning Resource Descriptions from Dialects of Languages (GRDDL)
W3C Recommendation 11 September 2007
http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl/

also

GRDDL Primer
W3C Working Group Note 28 June 2007
http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-primer/

Basically a way to generate RDF through an XSL transform of some other data (HTML, XML, microformats ....)

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG