Re: [css3-fonts] unicode-range and unicode normalization

fantasai wrote:

> > I don't think we currently require normalization anywhere else. In fact,
> > there is probably JavaScript code out there that assumes nothing is
> > normalized.
>
> That's true, but font-matching is not quite as simple as matching
> string characters against a set of available Unicode characters.
> Each grapheme cluster needs to be rendered entirely in a single
> font. If different characters in the grapheme cluster map to
> different fonts, it needs to be clear how to resolve to a single
> font.

Precisely.  This boils down to Håkon and Håkon displaying
consistently, something in which Opera has a vested interest!

  http://people.mozilla.org/~jdaggett/tests/aringtest.html

Opera/Chrome display the text correctly on Windows for MS Gothic and
Trebuchet MS, FF3.6/IE9 do not.  Opera doesn't display with Osaka correctly
on OSX 10.5.

John