Re: WOFF and extended metadata

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:15:23 +0200
To: James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>
CC: www-font@w3.org, "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, Tal Leming <tal@typesupply.com>, Erik van Blokland <erik@letterror.com>, <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
On Thursday, June 17, 2010, 4:12:41 PM, James wrote:

JC>   And having
JC> the name:value tuples as plain text enclosed by tags helps ensure that
JC> the XML will be well formed, given the limits on text w/in a <>.

JC> I'd go a bit further, though, and make it a SHOULD that the text would
JC> use entities only for '&' and '<'.

I agree that well formedness is essential. I don't see that we should  add any constraints other than what XML requires.

No reason to forbid entities, as long as they are declared in the instance.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG