Re: WOFF and extended metadata

On May 25, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> Also sprach Tal Leming:

>>> Could you give some examples?
>>
>> Of the other formats or the localization needs?
>
> Mostly the latter. But I'm happy to see your notes on other formats,
> too :)

Localization: The OTF/OFF name table spec [1] allows for every name ID to be localized. I've seen this functionality used.

Formats: XML, HTML, property-list, binary, JSON (I think). I even made an ill-fated attempt to flatten everything into key/value pairs. ;-)

Tal

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/name.htm