Re: Agenda, action items and suggested WOFF changes

From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 11:25:11 +0200
To: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
On 18 May 2010 05:24, John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com> wrote:

> Does maintaining the ambiguities created by the wording of the OT/OFF and
> EOT specs help anyone?

If the OT/OFF and EOT specs are poorly worded, they ought to be
updated, rather than adding wording to another spec which can easily
get out of sync as the other specs are updated?

I am reminded of a stale old joke:

"A man loses the keys to his house and is looking for them under a
lamppost. A policeman comes over and asks what he’s doing. “I’m
looking for my keys” he says. “I lost them over there”. The policeman
looks puzzled. “Then why are you looking for them all the way over
here?” “Because the light is so much better."

Cheers
Dave