Re: OpenType fsType and WOFF (was: Agenda, action items and suggested WOFF changes)

Given that Restricted License permissions are treated accordingly (or expected to be treated accordingly) by PDF-generating apps like Acrobat, I doubt the intention is as you're speculating. It's a valid point, given the wording, but I think it's really just unfortunate wording in the OT spec.

In other words: Is there really any doubt that the intention was that applications should never embed fonts with that setting? Certainly the intention was not to say, "When fonts have this setting, it's up to the user and the applications should just do whatever."

-Christopher