Re: Chrome to support WOFF

On Saturday, April 24, 2010, 12:31:13 AM, Thomas wrote:

TP> Does that mean WOFF fonts will be TTFs/OTFS in the cache? Will the
TP> non-WOFF fonts be exposed or accessible anywhere?

That is a good and reasonable question. I would assume that the web-side cache would relate to resources as fetched from the web, and that any transcoded or derived resources, rather like the results of XSLT stylesheets, would be internal to the application and not exposed to the outside.

But it is certainly a good idea to ask that on the bug page.

TP> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>>> It appears that we have decided to implement WOFF in Chromium. I plan on adding
>>> support to OTS (our transcoder http://code.google.com/p/ots/) so that the transcoded
>>> fonts will be TTFs on the other side. That way, few WebKit changes should be needed.

>>> Any objections, speak now.
>> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=25543#c10

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead