Re: Public Domain Fonts for the Web

From: Charles Peyton Taylor <cpt@mbay.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 23:18:15 -0800
To: www-font@w3.org

>At 12:09a -0800 02/23/98, Charles Peyton Taylor wrote:
>This is something I=BCve been thinking about a lot lately.
>                    ^pi?
>>=C4 A lot are display type and wouldn=BCt be very useful for body text.
> ^Adieresis?                        ^pi again?
>5) CATEGORIES : =84serif=BE
>                 ^.....^greaterequal and lessequal?
>>My words are my own.
>But your charset is lost across this mailing list.
>=46olks, please use 7-bit ASCII ("dumb quotes" et al). Thanks.

Sorry about that, I thought my mail program (actually, my news
program) would handle that automatically.  (Gee, and I have a
magic wand plug-in for just such purpose.)

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I could send them a copy of the
original message.  It's not so much that I think that it's likely
to happen, the environment being what it is, it was just that I
thought it would be advantageous if it did happen.

- Charles Peyton Taylor  ctaylor@mbay.net  http://www.mbay.net/~cpt
-- Your random quote for the day:
"Abandon hope all ye who press enter here" -anon.