T1 glyph names

From: David Lemon & Anahit <typenerd@slip.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:40:14 -0800
To: www-font@w3.org
I'm wondering whether anyone on this list has experience with Type 1 fonts
using glyph names which have characters other than the basic alphanumerics
in their name strings. Although characters like "." "_" and "-" are legal
according to PostScript, I suspect some applications &/or implementations
may have a narowed notion of what's allowed. For this question I'm
obviously ignoring the ".notdef" character, which may be considered a
special case.

My thanks in advance for any & all information.

- David Lemon
  type nerd
  Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs!