Re: Japanese font.

Rahul,
I'm afraid that I don't know a complete answer for you -- since I don't
know what encoding you should use - or exactly how you expect to use
the font "on the web"  -- but the only part of the puzzle I can suggest
a solution to is what font tool to use.

The only available tool that I know of -- is FontLab Composer -- from
Pyrus International (www.pyrus.com). It is a Windows-based font
editor and font generation tool -- that allows you to create CID-keyed
fonts. I believe the price is about $799 US. I don't know of anything
else that will do it -- all commercial font developers have proprietary
tools to create CID or TrueType double-byte fonts.

Disclaimer: I help Pyrus on technical issues (as an Adobe developer
support engineer) -- regarding font formats, but have no other interest
in the company!

Terry O'Donnell