RE: Summary Report published

You asked for my proposal on this.

My recollection, possibly not photographic after three months [so others
feel free to correct], was that the whiteboard containied a simple diagram
of major initiatives in this sphere of digital rights management. It wasn't
a table, mopre a free hand thought bubble diagram.

The top three ovals were: on the left W3C; in the middle indecs; on the
right MPEG-21

The W3C oval then had a link to IETF, indicating existing liaison;
the indecs oval had a link to IDF (DOI) and to ONIX, indicating
implementation
the MPEG oval had a link to ISO, indicating a formal role.

I recall, that ODRL and XRML were on the chart too; being a whiteboarded
diagram it no doubt lent itself to a more flexible interpretation than text.

So my suggestions: that under "Related Activities" in the report we add
indecs/DOI/ONIX, and that the report include the following:

"The workshop concluded that liaison and collaboration to prevent needless
duplication of effort should be encouraged. In particular, three top level
activities were noted in this sphere of digital rights management:
W3C - infrastructure and syntax standards, link to IETF etc.
indecs - semanatic and content industry standards, link to practical
implementations e.g. DOI, ONIX
MPEG-21 - ISO standards, proposed development of multimedia framework
standards

As an example of such collaboration now taking place, the development of a
Rights Data Dictionary (RDD), a common dictionary or vocabulary for
intellectual property rights, based on the <indecs> Framework [which
outlined the fundamental principals and key terminology implemented in DOI
applications and ONIX (widely used in publishing and increasingly with
audiovisual products)] is even now under way. (see
http://www.doi.org/news/010418-multimediaIP.html. One of the aims of this
study is to provide input to MPEG 21 and other standards activities."