Re: CfC: publish WG Note of UI Events; deadline November 14

On 11/7/14 10:28 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> During WebApps' October 27 meeting, the participants agreed to stop
> work on the UI Events spec and to publish it as a WG Note (see
> [Mins]). As such, this is a formal Call for Consensus (CfC) to:
>
> a) Stop work on this spec
>
> b) Publish a "gutted" WG Note of the spec; see [Draft-Note]
>
> c) Gut the ED (this will be done if/when this CfC passes)
>
> d) Prefix the spec's [Bugs] with "HISTORICAL" and turn off creating
> new bugs
>
> e) Travis will move all bugs that are relevant to D3E to the D3E bug
> component

Although there appears to be agreement that work on the [uievents] spec
should stop, the various replies raise sufficient questions that I
consider this CfC (as written) as failed.

Travis, Gary - would you please make a specific proposal for these two
specs? In particular, what is the title and shortname for each document,
and which spec/shortname becomes the WG Note?

After we have agreed on a way forward, I'll start a new CfC.

(I believe the Principle of Least Surprise here means considering specs
that currently reference [uievents] or [DOM-Level-3-Events]. F.ex., I
suppose a document titled "UI Events" with a shortname of
DOM-Level-3-Events could be a bit confusing to some, although strictly
speaking could be done.)

-Thanks, AB

[uievents] http://www.w3.org/TR/uievents/
[DOM-Level-3-Events] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/