Re: DOM-Parsing innerHTML/outerHTML and namespaces

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 22:05:00 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 11/11/14, 3:55 PM, Simon Pieters wrote:
>> https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/syntax.html#html-fragment-parsing-algorithm
>> (context is <g>)
>
> Agreed.
>
>> https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/syntax.html#adjusted-current-node
>> (adjusted current node is <g>)
>
> Why?  This is the step I'm not seeing in the spec.

It's in the definition pointed to above.

"The adjusted current node is the context element if the stack of open
elements has only one element in it and the parser was created by the HTML
fragment parsing algorithm; otherwise, the adjusted current node is the
current node."

context = <g>
stack of open elements has only one element in it = true
the parser was created by the HTML fragment parsing algorithm = true

Hence adjusted current node is <g>.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software