Re: Enabling scroll customization

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Timothy Dresser <tdresser@chromium.org> wrote:
> Is there any interest here in discussing an API like this? We expect that
> the API specifics will evolve significantly as we start to experiment with
> an implementation and receive feedback.

I'm very concerned about anything that forces us to do a main-thread
roundtrip in order to enable scrolling. I thought Google shared this
concern as this had been given as one of the big reasons for not
supporting pointer events.

I'd rather look at things like animations that use scroll or touch
position as a time source and enabling people to build these features
that way.

/ Jonas