Re: Allowing ES6 Symbols as event names

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 22:20:13 -0400
To: www-dom@w3.org
On 7/21/14, 10:11 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> I think we simply disagree on what sorts of breakage are acceptable.

Or actually...

Maybe we disagree on how acceptable it is for use of a new feature to be
a footgun.  For this particular feature, you have to make sure that
every library included by your page, and all your other generic event
dispatching/handling code (of which there is a good bit on the web), has
been taught about it, right?  And you need to make sure that this
happens before _any_ script you include uses the feature.

-Boris