Re: RfC: LCWD of W3C DOM4; deadline July 31

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 07:11:17 -0400
To: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
CC: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On 7/10/14 12:25 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
> The language "nuked from orbit soon" and "will be nuked" needs to be
> rewritten. This level of informality is inappropriate for a W3C REC
> track document. Better to say "expect to be deprecated" or similar.

I agree with this proposal (particularly since "nuke" might not
translate accurately).

> It is annoying that a search for "Warning!" in the document fails (at
> least on Chrome and Firefox) because it is injected from a content
> style property.

This seems a bit like a personal preference to me. As such, I don't
think it should block the LCWD publication although if Glenn created a
PR that was agreeable to Robin, then I  don't see any harm in merging it.

> There remains a normative reference to the WHATWG "URL" specification,
> which needs to be resolved before moving to REC. It would be well
> advised to describe the expected process for doing this in the SoTD
> section.

I don't think this point should block publication of a LCWD. (I also
think the reference policy [1] describes a way to handle this for
subsequent publications.)

-AB

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2013/09/normative-references>