Re: Methods for invoking selectors are missing way how to pass namespace prefix declarations

On 17.3.2014 12:17, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I recommend searching the archives (public-webapi, not www-dom, and
> maybe public-webapps too). We've been over this a few times. The basic
> idea is that we don't really need namespaces and CSS namespaces was a
> sunk cost mistake.

The trap of using "we". :-)
I went through some old archived threads, and my general impression was
that in order to finish Selectors API 1 on time idea of NSResolver was
just postponed.

Since DOM4 is object model not only for HTML, but also for XML, it
should support namespaces on all places where user would expect it,
including Selectors API.

If the consensus is that XML should not be fully supported in DOM4, then
the spec should at least clearly say what is not supported. Otherwise
you will get repeated requests why only subset of selectors is supported
in Selectors API.

    Jirka