Re: Fwd: Data uri origin inheritance

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:27:07 -0500
To: www-dom@w3.org
On 1/16/14 10:21 AM, João Eiras wrote:
> The opener.

Just to check, what makes you think there is an opener, in general?
Consider the user opening a new tab, contains window W.  Then W opens a
new window V.  Then V navigates W to a data: URI.  W has no opener.

> Apparently not. Testcase
>
> http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9681493/data_uri_20140116.html
>
> Is this valid ?

I have no idea what this testcase is trying to do, at first glance, and
what your expected and observed behavior are.  Care to try to explain?

But note that origin and location.host don't match for data: URIs, for
obvious reasons: location.host is "" but the origin is whatever it is.
Not sure whether your testcase is expecting them to match, but I think
it is...

-Boris