RE: [DOM3Events] Minutes from 2014-Apr-15 call [Was: Debrief after WebApps F2F?]

I agree. However, the question was about creating a component to track bugs for these documents. Should we have one or two components? I think just one is probably good if we need it at all…

From: Gary Kačmarčík (Кошмарчик) [mailto:garykac@google.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:56 PM
To: Travis Leithead
Cc: Arthur Barstow; wez@google.com; olli@pettay.fi; masayuki@d-toybox.com; kochi@google.com; www-dom@w3.org; hsteen@mozilla.com
Subject: Re: [DOM3Events] Minutes from 2014-Apr-15 call [Was: Debrief after WebApps F2F?]

I strongly prefer two separate documents because the key and code values are sometimes similar and potentially confusable. This can (will) be a problem if (when) people search the document for particular values - they can easily find themselves looking at values from the "other" part of the document and not realize it.

By having 2 separate documents we eliminate that source of confusion. It also make it easier to (unambiguously) point people to a document that contains the valid key (or code) values.

Having two documents is a small amount of extra work for us, but it makes the resulting documents much more useful.