Re: [DOM3Events] WheelEvent and zoom

On 2013/09/13 23:11, Rick Byers wrote:
> Thanks for response.  So in what scenarios do you envision a UA ever
> setting deltaZ to non-zero?  Is this just future-proofing for some
> not-yet-popular hardware?

On Mac OS X, native mouse scroll event has deltaZ property. However, as
far as I know, it's always zero with normal mouse/touchpad.

Additionally, there is no document about the deltaZ's sign on Apple's
document. Therefore, browsers shouldn't set the value to DOM
WheelEvent's deltaZ until somebody finds actual device which causes
non-zero deltaZ value.