Re: [uievents] Middle click

Den 2013-09-13 02:59:02 skrev Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>:

> It seems to me that not firing click events for middle/right clicks is
> the
> simplest path towards interoperability that is backwards-compatible.

That is what Presto is doing and has been doing for many years (probably a
dozen years or so) and in all that time I've never heard of it being a
problem so my suspicion is that there is not a single site
expecting/wanting the click event when you press the middle mouse button.

i.e. I'm all for the specs saying that the click event should be sent when
the left mouse button is clicked (or "the action button" or something more
neutral to cover alternative hardware).

/Daniel
--
Opera Software