Re: [DOM3Events] WheelEvent and zoom

I don't think browsers should set deltaZ even when the default action is
zoom-in/out.

The spec just said that "The user's *environment* might be configured to
associate zooming with rotation along the z-axis.".

So, zooming by Ctrl + y-axis wheel rotation is *just* a default action
of some browsers. So, web applications should be able to handle the raw
level action such as "Ctrl + y-axis wheel rotation" rather than
operation for zoom.

If web application needs to handle zoom action, D3E or UI Events should
define "zoom" event.

--
Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com>
Manager, Internationalization, Mozilla Japan.