RE: [promise] writing detailed spec of ProgressPromise & implementing it

From: Yutaka Hirano [mailto:yhirano@google.com]

> Domenic, your opinion is
> 1. If the progress mechanism affects the existing Promise functionality, it will break the Promise functionality.
> 2. Otherwise, ProgressPromise should be defined out of this spec.
>, is that correct?

I don't believe that's what I'm saying. I am saying that ProgressPromise is a bad idea, no matter where it is defined, and for reasons that have nothing to do with breaking existing Promise functionality.

> Is it OK with you to define a kind of ProgressPromise interface in the second way in Streams API?

I think defining a streams API is a fine idea. I think that streams API should definitely *not* use or define any kind of ProgressPromise, i.e. it should *not* have a method like `AbortableProgressPromise<ArrayBuffer> read(n)`. It should instead simply have `Promise<ArrayBuffer> read(n)`. I have not yet gotten around to replying to Jonas's question as to why this is important, and will try to do so later today.