Re: MutationObserver does not observe state changes

On 7/31/13 8:11 AM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
> - Object.observe could work for existing elements, by having them fire
> change records. (This is not specced yet, but hopefully will be.)

I suspect that this will be prohibitively slow in practice.  I also
suspect this will be very buggy in implementations because DOM
implementors will invariably forget to fire all the change records for a
change (and a single DOM change can change _lots_ of property values,
starting with .innerHTML on every single ancestor, but lots and lots of
other things as well).  And any time a property is added all codepaths
that might change its value would need to be updated to fire change
records...

-Boris