Re: DOM: Futures

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> What's the purpose of this?  We already have DOM Events for "a convenient
> way to get access to the result of an operation".  I'm confused at this
> suddenly appearing in the spec with, as far as I've seen, no discussion at
> all on the www-dom, webapps or whatwg lists.

Events fall short on many things futures are great at. I recommend
reading some of the background material and discussion I pointed to.
It's been mentioned several times on the lists you mention and was
proposed on public-script-coord.

http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?keywords=domfuture

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/