Re: [D4E] KeyboardEvent.code and KeyboardEvent.queryKeyCap() are very strange spec

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Wez <wez@chromium.org> wrote:

> Which keys are you thinking of?  keyCode changes for some keys based on
> lock-states (the NumPad keys) but not for shift/ctrl/alt modifier-states.

- the key "1" (above the alphabet) has the keyCode 49, but when I press
shift+"1" it becomes 187.
- the key "0" (numpad) has the keyCode 96, but when I press shift+"0" it
becomes 0
- left/right shift both have the same keyCode (16)
- left/right ctrl have the same keyCode (17)
- main block and numpad "enter" have the same keyCode (13)
- The backtick key does not trigger a keydown event (`/^), only on the
second press it does.
- The $ key is 52 unmodified, but 220 with shift
- etc. etc.