Re: DOM 4 request

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> We are in the process of adding tabindex support to SVG and would like to
> request that the activeElement attribute from HTML5,
>
> readonly attribute Element? activeElement;
>
> be included in the DOM4 Document Interface:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-dom-20120405/#interface-document
>
> It makes things simpler for us if it were included in DOM4 as SVG has a
> tradition of using standard DOM features and this way it can be shared by
> both HTML5 and SVG.
>
> Please let us know if the DOM working group would support adding this
> attribute.

It's already supported for SVG at the moment. HTML simply extends the
Document interface and does not create one specific for HTML. In terms
of dependencies, HTML and DOM have a mutual dependency already (as
unfortunate as that may be). And actually, SVG must have a dependency
on HTML too for script scheduling and execution.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/