Re: DOM Keyboard Event Level 3 questions about proposal

On 2013/02/26 14:14, Gary Kacmarcik (Кошмарчик) wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Brad Pettit <Brad.Pettit@microsoft.com
> <mailto:Brad.Pettit@microsoft.com>> wrote:
>

>     As for the physical aspects of keys, there is also the human
>     interface device aspect. See
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_human_interface_device_class#USB_HID_API
>     and http://www.lvr.com/hidpage.htm
>
>     If an app cares about the keyboard at such a hardware level, perhaps
>     a completely new set of events, or even a raw scan code state,
>     should be exposed.
>

> Have you taken a look at the UI Events (formerly DOM4 Events) spec:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/d4e/raw-file/tip/source_respec.htm
>
> We initially proposed using something like USB scancodes to the Keyboard
> events, and that has evolved into the above spec.  For context, see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2012JulSep/0103.html and
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012OctDec/0623.html
>
> Looking forward to any comments you may have,
> -Gary

Although, I have some objection for .code of D4E. At for now, we should
make the .key and .char behavior clearer and more useful for web
application developers.

--
Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com>
Manager, Internationalization, Mozilla Japan.