Re: DOM Keyboard Event Level 3 questions about proposal (discussion about shortcut key on web applications)

Hi.

I don't understand the point of "key" property if it contains the same
value as "char" for printable keys, while contains empty string (or
Undetermined string) for unprintable keys.
The "new" "code" property in DOM Event Level 4 is almost the same as "old"
keyCode (on keydown, keyup). So instead to do "key" property more useful
you bring "new-old" property that discriminates the idea of "key" property.

Having in mind that we also have compositionstart, compositionupdate,
compositionend for more low-level inputing text detection, give me the
answers for such questions:
1. Why "key" should be the same as "char" for printable keys?
2. Why "key" should be modified while Shift pressed?
3. What the point of "key" if we have i18n universal "code" property?
4. What is the more developer-friendly:

switch(e.key) {}

or

if( (e.key || "").length > 2 ) { // Special keys: Spacebar, Shift, F1-F24
etc
  switch(e.key) {}
}
else {
 switch( KeyboardEvent.queryKeyCap( e.code ) ){} // printable key in en_US
standard keyboard(is that so?): WASD, Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v, etc
}
?

So my point is to bring "code" property and drop "key" property, or make
"key" property more useful and in this case, the are no needs for "code"
property.

Regards.