Re: Better event listeners

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Jake Verbaten <raynos2@gmail.com> wrote:

> using an object also allows for future scope creep. Returning a function
> makes the API simple and reduces complexity.

What you're suggesting is intentionally using a limited mechanism to
prevent the addition of future features, under the assumption that anything
we might want to add in the future is bad.  I hope you'll reconsider that
argument.  :)  Reject features after they've been proposed and
considered--not before they've even been thought of.

It's not complex to return an object.  It's a universal concept on the
platform.

--
Glenn Maynard