Re: [dom] Need to describe the interaction of adoptNode with prototype chains

> I mean that he was hoping Web IDL would solve this.

Ah.  I think .contentWindow and .contentDocument, at least, make it
pretty hard to solve in WebIDL per se....

> Was the second paragraph also unclear?

No, I'm just not sure what the best approach is to document.open.

> Right, but that involves nodes ;-) Though even there I think if we
> clearly stipulate what objects are associated with a node from a
> specification perspective we could make it very clear what needs to
> happen (assuming all specification writers play ball...).

Yeah, agreed.

> Not sure how
> easy it would be to implement, but if the list of associated objects
> was clear you could just enumerate them and replace their
> [[Prototype]] per the unwritten algorithm in Web IDL...

Yes, I think this is correct.

-Boris