RE: [dom] Need to describe the interaction of adoptNode with prototype chains

> Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 03:14:14 -0800
> From: bzbarsky@MIT.EDU
> To: annevk@annevk.nl
> CC: www-dom@w3.org
> Subject: Re: [dom] Need to describe the interaction of adoptNode with prototype  chains
>
> For what it's worth the attached testcase shows the following behavior
> at first glance:
>
> Gecko: Changes the proto at adopt time
> Chrome, Opera: Don't seem to change the proto in this testcase
> Safari: Doesn't change proto at adopt time, ends up changing it later
>          when it GCs, as far as I can tell.
>
> I don't have IE on hand to test, but would be interested in knowing what
> should happen with IE.
I made a small tweak to your testcase for IE (added window.onload because the <iframe> has not finished loaded when the script executes) and saved it in to http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/?saved=2044. IE 10 produces the same results as Firefox 17: log: true
log: false
log: false
log: true
log: false