Re: [DOM3 Events] Error between float vs. double of WheelEvent

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> Maybe.  Or maybe you picked a bad attribute to test?  Pick one that's been
> a float all along.

Someone who wants to dig through spec change history to find one will need
to do it, then.

It does seem fundamentally odd to have values quantized to floats in a
language that doesn't actually have them, if it results in "(x = y) == y"
being false.

The only case I've seen where floats are still useful is when you have big
arrays of them, like floating-point textures and 3d models.  What's the
point of using them in DOM APIs?  I doubt it would actually help a platform
without hardware doubles...

--
Glenn Maynard