Re: [DOM4] Mutation algorithm imposed order on document children

On 6/14/12 1:34 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
> In my ideal world, I think we'd just disallow appending DocTypes
> entirely, but I'm sure we can't for back-compat reasons. Next best IMO
> is allowing as many DocTypes as you want wherever you want. I'm also OK
> with only allowing 1 DocType node before/after the element.

What I'm trying to understand is... if you're OK for having the "only
allow 1 doctype node" special-case, what makes it more complicated to
also check that it's before the element?  I believe you that it does,
but just trying to understand why.

> Do any of the above options seem acceptable to you?

I could possibly live with one doctype allowed to be after the element;
the other ones seem like they violate too many invariants people might
be depending on.

-Boris