Re: [DOM4] Mutation algorithm imposed order on document children

Good question, I assume you mean new
XMLSerializer().serializeToString(document)?

FF: Correct order because it forces it on you.
Webkit: Doctype printed out of order.
IE9: Doctype always printed in order.
Opera: Doesn't ever print the doctype. But is the only one to print the XML
prolog.

IE9's behavior seems the most sane here since it makes sure the
serialization is valid in the face of developer error similar to