Re: Improving the DOM; rev 2

On 11/21/11 9:45 AM, Jake Verbaten wrote:
>         It can't be removed because sites depend on it.
>
> Does this mean we are not allowed to deprecate anything?

Anything that's actually being used?  Yes.

> Even if we give developers a significant warning and the browser vendors
> all implement the deprecation together?

The problem here is the magic step 2 in between those where everyone
goes back and fixes the millions of pages (literally in this case, I
expect) that rely on the behavior you're trying to deprecate.

> Personally I'd say `Form.<elementName>` should just be deprecated.

Once you get pages to stop using it, we can do that, sure.

-Boris