Re: Implementations of bindings for popular browsers

On 11/16/2011 3:15 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:
> On 11/16/11 12:27 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> On Nov 16, 2011, at 18:42 , Patrick Campbell wrote:
>>> I'm looking for implementations of the Java binding for the Document
>>> Object Model for IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari etc.
>>> so I don't have to use Javascript.  Do they even exist ?
>> Don't take this the wrong way, but for usage in browsers, forget it.
>> Take the time to learn JS, it's a lovely language :)
>>
> I'm not sure I understand Patrick's request, but GWT seems to be the
> popular Java-not-JavaScript method.
> http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/

Thank you Charles, thank you Robin
My interest is in creating dashboards for real-time systems where
transactions use byte arrays; not strings.
Javascript is nice if you want to do things with text but it does not
support logical operators (and, or, xor, shift left, shift right) or
byte arrays.  Java does.
After doing some further reading, I learned that if I want cross-browser
compatibility (and I do)  I'm stuck with Javascript and Ajax
and will use a simple workaround.

Patrick